There are many ways that supporters of medical cannabis in Illinois can help protect patients in Illinois who use cannabis with the recommendation of their doctor.
- The best way is to lobby (email, phone calls, written letters & face to face visits) your State Representative and urge them to vote YES on Senate Bill 1381. If they are supportive, ask them to cosponsor this legislation. If they are a cosponsor ask them to write a letter to a local newspaper calling on their fellow lawmakers to pass this legislation. Call 217-782-2000 and ask the operator to connect you to your State Representative’s office, then tell your State Rep. to “VOTE YES on Senate Bill 1381.” Please be polite and call their district office too.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper voicing your support for Senate Bill 1381. Please keep these letters short (less than 300 words) and follow the guidelines that the newspaper lists for submitting letters to the editor. Illinois Media Contacts
- Tell others to support the medical cannabis legislation like you have.
- Organize a town hall, public forum to discuss the medical cannabis legislation and invite your local legislators.
- Contact your county medical society or association and ask them to endorse the medical cannabis legislation.